The voluntary sector is at the heart of social prescribing
‘Social prescribing’ is a way to help people make positive changes in their lives and within their communities, by connecting them with local community services that can help them to:
- Feel more involved in the community
- Meet new people
- Make some changes to improve health and wellbeing.
The voluntary sector offers a wealth of cost effective support services to improve health and wellbeing, and tackle social isolation.
VC Connect for Wellbeing can help to reduce pressure on health and care services in your local area by connecting patients with quality assured community-based care and support.
Our platform and referral software enables Link Workers and health and social care professionals to quickly and easily refer patients to a range of local support services.
- Reduces the dependency on NHS services
- Supports the delivery of social prescribing model of care
- Improves health & wellbeing, self-confidence and esteem
- Supports people with long-term health conditions or complex needs
- Reduces social isolation & connects individuals with their local community
- Encourages self-care and access to local services.
Agencies using VC Connect for Wellbeing
- Citizens Advice Bureau
- Housing Agencies
- Adult Social Care teams
- Voluntary sector partners
The platform is powered and managed by Voluntary Action Sheffield as part of their VC Connect services (a robust and reliable CRM database and digital services, specifically designed and developed for the voluntary and community sector).
This social prescribing platform has been co-designed with a number of CVS organisations who have been running successful social prescribing projects for a number of years, incorporating best practice principles, such as data protection and quality assurance.
Take a look at our current customers
Book your free demo of VC Connect for Wellbeing now
If you would like to try a demo of VC Connect for Wellbeing, please get in touch with us.